Home Owner Grants /Tasmania
First Home Owners
Updated January, 2014The Tasmanian Government's First Home Owner's Grant of $7000 could be boosted to $30,000 for elegible recipients.
On 7th November 2013, the Tasmanian Government announced an increase to the First Home Builder Boost for first home owners purchasing a newly built home or who are building a new home.
The existing $8000 Boost payment has been increased to $23,000, and applies to eligible applicants with contracts for new homes between 7 November 2013 and 31 December 2014.
The $23 000 Boost payment is tied to eligibility for the $7000 First Home Owner Grant. Approved applicants would therefore be eligible for a total payment of $30 000.The grant is not means tested and there is no cap on the value of an eligible home.
- To be eligible for the FHOG both you and your spouse/partner (if you have one) must:
- be a natural person (not a company);
- be at least 18 years of age;
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident;
- not have owned a home in Australia before 1 July 2000;
- not have owned and occupied (for more than 6 months) a home in Australia after 1 July 2000;
- occupy the home as your principal place of residence for a continuous period of 6 months
commencing within 12 months of the date of purchase or completion of the building;
- not have received the FHOG before; and
- not have entered into a contract to purchase
or build a home before 1 July 2000, or not commenced
construction as an owner builder prior to that date
For enquiries about the Tasmanian Government's First Home owners Grant, phone (03) 6166 4444 .